The 6 Pillars of digital marketing.
Digital marketing is more important now than ever. Take steps to create, streamline, or optimize your digital marketing strategy today and safeguard your business.
While being a business in the digital era means you have all the tools you need to reach your audience, it also means that your brand is constantly battling to be seen and heard. Without a proper digital marketing strategy, all you’re doing is adding to the noise. Take these steps to craft a winning digital marketing strategy.
Take an approach to your business’s digital efforts by developing a strategy around these six pillars of truly successful digital marketing.
The 6 pillars of effective digital marketing are:
- Strategy and governance (or management): Goals – Analytics, Strategy (Segmentation, Targeting, Brand Positioning), integration, marketing and sales alignment, resourcing, structure, marketing technology and data
- Goals and measurement: Forecasts, digital reporting including KPI dashboards, attribution and customer insight
- Media: Paid, owned, earned media including Search, Social and Display ads
- Experience: Desktop / mobile website and apps. Customer service.
- Messaging: Email, Chat, Social media, customer service, on-site interactions and personalization
- Content: Product and blog content to fuel content marketing, PDF downloads, Interactive tools
Focusing on each of these steps is important regardless of the size of your business. The steps help show that success in digital marketing isn’t just about digital media and platforms, creating an effective digital experience, messaging and quality content to fuel your digital strategy are all vital too.
In today’s demanding digital landscape, there is internal and external pressure on marketers to continue to grow. Structure your marketing plan around a funnel proven to boost performance.
Digital marketing is a complex system of inter-related efforts, and there’s no need to try and do it all by yourself.
This article is sourced by Smart Insights